Back to job search
Position - Account Director
Location - Swansea
Reporting to - Operations Director
Desired Experience & or Qualifications
- Technical qualifications held, ideally to HND level (in electrical, HVAC, A/C etc)
- Managerial experience at Account Director Level or Senior Contract Manager level within technical and/or hard services
- Previous experience within Facilities Management
- Up to date technical knowledge of Engineering Services (M&E / HVAC), fire and environmental control measures, building control requirements, and the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Practical experience must include recruitment and line management/supervisory experience
- Large Single Account management across multi-site experience
- Delivery of wider facilities management services.
- The development and review of teams, appraisal, and the application of effective people management practice
The role will be responsible for the delivery of all hard facilities to a large site in Swansea. The postholder will be required to provide leadership, management and development, ensuring financial, and operational commitments are met and exceeded. Technical knowledge of building services plant and equipment is essential to this role.
- Provide leadership, and that contractual commitments are met and exceeded.
- Ensure that opportunities for the strategic development of the contract are exploited, to deliver increased turnover and profitability, ensure additional services and projects are added, and contracts are re-won on re-tender.
- Ensuring business policies and processes are effectively communicated and implemented within the contract.
- Ensure the provision of healthy and safe working conditions and that both clients and Company health and safety policy and process is effectively implemented across both company and subcontractor’s activities and are regularly review.
- Ensure optimum staffing structures operate across contracts, balancing cost reduction with the delivery of service excellence. Ensure structures support peaks and troughs in workload, and disaster recovery.
- Ensure contracts are staffed by fully competent teams, ensuring post holders are fully competent, and that effective succession planning arrangements are in place.
- Working with other Operational Managers to ensure the collaborative development of the business, effective “team-working”, and support to colleagues.
- Development of contract financial plans for revenue and profit delivery, reduction of WIP, debt, cost reduction and contract growth and ensure that these are met and exceeded.
- Ensure appropriate control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met.
- Ensuring a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and that effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts.
- Promoting and maintaining the core Values of Company at all times.
- Provision of leadership and guidance, advice, coaching and direct support, where required to deliver best practice selection, training, assessment and recognition/reward.
- Delivering effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management and team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other publications, as appropriate.
- Supporting the sales process through solutions development, participation in presentations and consultation meetings, hosting visits, and support to mobilisation as required on new contracts.
- Provide a learning environment, and appropriate training and development planning. Ensure basic training needs are delivered, employees are fully competent to undertake their role and are able to reach their full future potential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Numerate and computer literate.
- Excellent motivational and influencing skills, with high levels of personal integrity
- Has vision, and able to communicate this effectively.
- A role model for customer service excellence.
- Able to contribute effectively across all business activities.
- Politically astute.
- Incumbents must have a high level of energy, be self- starters, confident and stable in manner.
- Organised, able to prioritise and deliver within high pressure, business critical environments.
Annual salary £50,000 - £60,000 per annum (subject to skills, qualifications and experience), 25 days holiday, company vehicle, pension.
£50000 to £60000
17 days ago