Back to job search
Position - Asset Management Consultant
Location - London
Reporting to - Operations Manager
Desired Experience & or Qualifications
• HND in relevant mechanical/electrical engineering subject or similar
• BEng, BSc, MEng or MSc in relevant engineering subject, e.g., Building Services Engineering,
Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
• Experience in CAD drafting systems, e.g. AutoCAD, Microsoft Project Hevacomp/Amtech, Dialux/Relux
• Demonstrable building services knowledge skills gained with working in a Building Services environment. A minimum of 5 years’ post graduate experience.
• Experience in performing condition surveys, life cycle costing, strategic planning, asset schedules and maintenance audits
• Ability to apply theoretical principles to the practical design of building systems
• A high degree of knowledge of how buildings are built and the processes that goes into their operation and design
• Understanding statutory and regulatory compliance requirements involved in the operation of a building and knowing the risk assessments and details that are required
• Knowledge of energy efficiency and low energy design
• Awareness of BREEAM standards and its impact on Building Services design
• Awareness of internal Environmental Policy and initiatives
Our client is looking for an Asset Management Consultant to provide technical M&E expertise and
advice on asset maintenance and replacement across a variety of projects and sectors.
The successful candidate is expected to conduct detailed analysis of asset and lifecycle data, which covers all M&E services including HVAC, electrical systems, heating and water systems. Working within a multidisciplinary team, the candidate will form an integral part of the nationwide asset management team.
Whilst this role is based in our London office, the team support clients nationwide, so travel across
the UK will be required from time to time. This role may require a full DBS check to be completed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Liaise with clients and implement agreed marketing skills
• To carry out condition and dilapidation surveys; life cycle costing; strategic planning
• Compliance auditing
• Fault finding and problem solving
• Carrying out asset schedules and maintenance audits
• Produce Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) plans
• Produce Engineering Life Cycle and Forward Capital Cost plans
• Interpret engineering reports, drawings, layouts and other visual aids
• Undertake Engineering maintenance contract monitoring and auditing
• Writing technical reports and specifications.
• Conduct on site Engineering Services inspections and reporting for due diligence (Vendors
and Acquisition) and dilapidations
• Undertake maintenance procurement to include asset collection and preparation and
review of tender documentation
• Able to work as part of a team to meet project briefs and programme requirements.
• Lead a M&E team in the co-ordination and delivery of individual projects, including attendance at meetings, internal programming, project reviews etc.
• Manage client and other team relationships. Understand client needs and interpret and confirm the project brief
• Provide assistance and support to other members of the engineering team within the office.
• Undertake constructive peer reviews of other projects.
• Demonstrate a wide knowledge and relevant experience of mechanical and electrical systems across a range of sectors and the ability to report on both mechanical and electrical disciplines during meetings, etc.
• Manage and mentor junior engineers.
• Experience of Integrated Management Systems (IMS) and QA procedures and see that
• these are adhered to at all steps for all projects.
• Commit to supporting the strategic company’s sustainability policies and the internal environmental programme objectives.
Annual salary up to £50,000 plus other company benefits.
£45000 to £50000
19 days ago