Back to job search
Position - Commercial Gas Engineer
Location - London & South East
Reporting to - Senior Operations Manager
Desired Experience & or Qualifications
• Commercial Gas qualifications
• Excellent gas knowledge complete with an industry recognised qualification
• Minimum 2 years practical experience within building services industry
• Possess comprehensive technical skills along with extensive experience in commercial fault
finding and rectification.
• Comprehensive knowledge, both domestic and commercial of most major manufacturers i.e
Valliant, Powermatic, Riello, Broag, Combat, Ambi-Rad, Ideal, Potterton, Nu Way and
• Good knowledge of all building services including Heating Systems, BMS, Electrical Systems
• Good plumbing skills
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Full driving licence
• F Gas
• City & Guilds Refrigerant Safe Handling
• Plumbing qualification
• G3 Unvented Hot Water
• Domestic Gas Time Served Apprenticeship
• Sound knowledge of computer software
Our client is seeking an experience commercial gas engineer to work within a dedicated team of mobile engineers on sites in the South East & inside the M25 region(s). The work will involve PPM, fault finding, reactive and breakdowns, quoting for repair and remedial works to various types of boilers and heating systems. Applicants should have ACS Commercial qualifications with relevant commercial experience.
Candidates must have a good all-round knowledge and understanding of HVAC plant and would be expected to assist with various reactive and PPM tasks, as well as core combustion skills.
Required gas qualifications include:
• omb analysis, gas boilers under and over 70kw, pipework, warm air, gas
fires, range cookers, air heating, water CH, commercial and domestic gas
• COCN1 or CODNCO1 (Core Commercial Gas Safety)
• CDGA1 (Commercial Direct Fired Heating Appliances)
• CIGA1 (Commercial Indirect Fire Heating Appliances and Equipment)
• CORT1 (Commercial Radiant Tube Heaters)
• ICPN1 (First Fix Commercial Pipework)
• TPCP1 (Tightness Testing and Purging to IGE/UP/1)
• TPCP1A (Tightness Testing and Purging to IGE/UP/1A)
• CCN1 or COCDN1 (Core Domestic Gas Safety
• CENWAT (Domestic Central Heating/Water Heaters)
• CPA1 (Combustion Performance Analyser)
The role will include:
• Be conversant with current Health & Safety legislation with relevance to safe working practices and attend tool box talks
• Comply with specific Contract, work department and Company procedures at all times
• Complete a daily work log with CAFM system.
• Maintain accurate records of works done and expenditure, using this information to report to the Lead Engineer as required.
• Liaise and co-ordinate site activities associated with services for which you are responsible, i.e. labour planning and ordering of materials
• Assist in the preparation of emergency contingency plans
• Assist with co-ordination of all site activities, both maintenance and projects and ensure all safety aspects are managed and monitored in accordance with site / contract procedures and requirements.
• Undertake all tasks associated with labour planning and providing holiday and sickness cover.
• Carry out PPM and reactive work as required in order to meet completion deadlines.
• Take ownership of the clients needs and pursue good communications with the customer in order to build a stable relationship
• Be proactive with regard to preventative maintenance and extra works
Candidates will be required to participate in on call rota in the region and be able to work out of hours from time to time. You should be able to work well within a team environment as well as have ability to work unsupervised.
Annual salary £40,000 - £50,000, company vehicle, mobile phone, and other company benefits.
£40000 to £50000
about 2 months ago