Back to job search
Position - Lead Engineer
Location - South West London
Reporting to - Contracts Manager
Desired Experience & or Qualifications
• Technically qualified with electrical or mechanical discipline
• Previous supervisory experience
• Previous experience of working within an FM or building services position
• Ability to clear CRB / Disclosure checks
• Understanding of asset management principles and maintenance techniques
• Strong working knowledge of Health & Safety principles inc. Risk Assessment, COSHH etc.
• Good communication skills including verbal and written.
• A track record of delivering similar roles
• PFI contract experience
Our client is seeking an experienced Lead Engineer to assist with efficient delivery of an FM
contract covering 4 sites in the SW postcode region. This will be a hands-on role which requires a pro-active attitude, excellent planning skills and an approachable demeanour with commitment to team working. The role will be client facing so candidates must be presentable and have the ability to communicate effectively, at all levels. The role will include;
• Principle point of contact for mobile and static engineers for the service delivery of the contract deliverables.
• Provide operational and technical support to the Contract Supervisor
• Ensuring contract management and contracts performance is achieving business performance targets.
• Supporting Contract Supervisor to ensure mobile and static engineers are advised of their responsibilities and levels of authority and suitably trained for their position including Tool Box talks/Call Out Rota/Checking PPE
• Ensuring systematic programming of PPM and reactive maintenance tasks is set up
• Supporting Contract Supervisor to ensure maximum productivity of labour
• Support the Contract Supervisor with the Liaison meeting at Schools with the Business Managers and site teams.
• Support the Engineers and Admin Team with technical assistance.
• Daily meeting with Admin team and Contract Supervisor for works update
• Meet with SPV during walk around of sites and offer technical guidance
• Support Contract Supervisor by carrying out regular site audits and complete necessary documentation.
• Manage the contract 24/7 365 days emergency call-out service.
• Ensure the PPM’s and reactive maintenance tasks are carried out on time and within budget
• Carrying out H&S and Quality audits on work being carried out
• Ensuring that appropriate Health & Safety systems are set up on all sites
• Support the Contract Supervisor monitoring the Health & Safety performance
• Support Contract Supervisor checking regimes for contract deliverables including logbooks
• Supervisor Ensuring necessary test certificate, service reports, permits and other required contract documentation records are filed and readily available for inspection and audit.
• Assume relevant AP/ RP/ CP roles as required.
• Support Contract Supervisor in delivery of Asbestos Management to be carried out
• Regular interaction with the Project team with regards to life cycle works and small works.
• Provide Information for putting together monthly reports.
Annual salary £40,000 - £45,000 (subject to skills, qualifications and experience), plus other
£40000 to £45000
24 days ago