Back to job search
Position - Porter
Location - Reading
Reporting to - Assistant Facilities Manager
Desired Experience & or Qualifications
•Strong, demonstrable multi-skilled competencies in porterage, office moves and manual handling.
•2 Years’ experience or more in a similar role
•Background in property maintenance/Facilities and Facilities management
•Working to PPM and reactive breakdown regimes and SLA’s
•Knowledge of lone working and porterage requirements
•A good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken English along with basic mathematical skills.
•Knowledge of Computers, telephones, printers etc. along with user level understanding of CAFM systems
Our client is seeking a Porter to carry out and undertake general porterage and logistical tasks which can range from reactive Helpdesk requests to planned office moves and changes.
• Manage the highest standards and competencies are delivered and demonstrated via communication with key stakeholders.
• Support and action the completion of reactive work requests for porterage and logistical related tasks.
• Carry out and support office moves and changes, either planned events or reactive requests depending on client requirements.
• Work individually and as part of a team to achieve completion of activities to a high standard.
• Delivery to customers of boxes, crates and other items throughout the site.
• Warehouse activities which will include but not be limited to: archives, furniture store etc.
• Cover for Goods In as and when required.
• Contribute to the delivery of a quality service, aiming for 100% satisfaction of the Customer
• Manage safe delivery of all works, including those of service partners
• Manage accuracy and delivery within SLA of all works
• Build and foster relationships with the Client, Customer, other colleagues
• Take ownership of the site delivering exceptional service to the customer
Candidates should have the following aptitudes:
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
• Exceptional customer service
• Proactive approach to work with can do attitude
• Own Initiative
• Planning, organising and execution
• Problem Solving
• A good standard of written and verbal communication skills
• Sound numeracy and computer literacy
• Ability to collate, interpret and communicate key issues from issues
• Ability to prioritise tasks
• Adaptable and flexible work ethos
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
• Results oriented
• Ability to foster teamwork and lead by example
£20000 to £23000
about 1 month ago