Back to job search
Position - Maintenance Operative
Location - Cornwall
Reporting to - Technical Services Supervisor
Desired Experience & or Qualifications
• At least one trade qualification (carpentry, plumbing etc)
• Multi trade experience
• Previous facilities service & maintenance experience
• Provision of service to commercial/industrial clients
• Health & Safety awareness
• Good communication skills
• IPAF / PASMA license
• Current CSCS Health & Safety Card Holder
• IOSH Managing Safely
• Additional Trade qualification
Our client is seeking a qualified and experienced multi trade maintenance operative to work provide reactive and PPM maintenance to NHS properties within the Cornwall region. The key function is to support in delivering building services maintenance and repairs across the NHS to ensure buildings are maintained to the highest standards and to provide a safe and secure environment for visitors, customers, and employees.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working within a building maintenance environment, preferably within Healthcare Services. You should have appropriate knowledge and understanding of H&S and environment standards, working at height, legionella and asbestos awareness.
• The role will be responsible for carrying out general property maintenance i.e. Carpentry, Painting & Decorating, Wet Trades, Tiling, as well as any remedial works required.
• Deliver planned and reactive maintenance services ensuring that operational standards are maintained at all times.
• Duties may include (but not limited to) fault finding, minors repairs or installations and maintaining services and equipment within critical environments.
• Able to provide solutions to problems and support the Building Services maintenance team and colleagues in providing excellent customer service at all times.
• You will be required to support other Operatives in the team as and when required and liaise with other members of direct and indirect staff to carry out duties effectively and with minimal disruption.
• Other relevant duties consistent with the general requirements of building services maintenance as directed by the Team Leader or helpdesk.
Salary £25,000 - £28,000 (subject to skills, qualifications and experience) based on a 37.5 hour working week, 27 days holiday, vehicle, tools & PPE.
What to do next
If you are interested in this vacancy or want to update your details then contact Rae on 0117 950 7709 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
£25000 to £28000
about 1 month ago