Back to job search
• NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in relevant trade (HVAC/Plumbing etc)
• Full UK Driving Licence.
• IPAF / PASMA license
• Current CSCS Health & Safety Card Holder.
• IOSH Managing Safely
• Additional trade qualification electrical/gas.
Our client has responsibility for the facilities and property management of properties that
range from listed buildings and former workhouses to state-of-the-art integrated health
campuses. The key function is to support in delivering building services maintenance and
repairs across the estate to ensure buildings are maintained to the highest standards and to
provide a safe and secure environment for visitors, customers, and employees. The ideal
candidate will have previous experience working within a building maintenance
environment, preferably within Healthcare Services.
You should have appropriate knowledge and understanding of H&S and environment
standards, working at height, legionella and asbestos awareness. The role will require
maintenance of building systems including heating, ventilation, air conditioning within public
buildings to work as a team to undertake works or repairs. An understanding of basic
plumbing and systems would be desirable.
• Ensure compliance in line with all processes/procedures and policies that meets
organisational standards/requirements including but not limited to our Health & Safety
Policy/HTMs (Health Technical Memoranda) and SFG20. Ensuring new or revised
policies are implemented within own work areas.
• Deliver planned and reactive maintenance services from the PPM planner, ensuring
that operational standards are maintained at all times.
• Duties may include (but not limited to) fault finding, minors repairs or installations and
maintaining services and equipment within critical environments.
• Ability to assess problems to determine the best course of action, this would include
complex technical issues.
• To maintain effective site log books at all NHS premises ensuring that they are
completed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Work with and support the Projects/Construction team and Technical Supervisor in
identifying, scoping, and delivering minor capital works for NHS premises. Able to plan
and organise a number of complex activities and adapt within a changing and
challenging work environment.
• Able to provide solutions to problems and undertake new installations from design to
• Provides practical training to staff and contractors. e.g. site inductions and emergency
• Complete suitable risk assessments prior to undertaking works, ensuring compliance
with all safety standards and undertake works as per instructions within any relevant
permit or work plan.
• Understand the principles of fire risk assessment and relevant precautions within the
• Record and report any risk, loss, or defect to the Technical Supervisor and/or helpdesk
as appropriate with a view to making recommendations for corrective action and
seeking authority to act.
• Support the Building Services maintenance team and colleagues in providing excellent
customer service at all times
• Participate in an emergency call out service as required.
• Able to communicate technical and or complex information to various stakeholders
• As directed by the Technical Supervisor to manage, co-ordinate or supervise works
with external contractors or colleague teams for tenants and customers as required to
complete tasks in line with schedules of work.
• To complete all relevant mandatory and job-related training in line with company
• Other relevant duties consistent with the general requirements of building services
maintenance as directed by the Team Leader or helpdesk.
This is a fixed term contract which will run until the end of March 2021. Salary will be paid pro rata (with rates circa £15.38 - 17.94 per hour).
(subject to skills, qualifications & experience)
based on a 37.5 hour week with callout rota (1 in 4),
13 days ago