Back to job search
Desired Experience & or Qualifications
· NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in relevant trade (Plumbing/HVAC etc)
· Full UK Driving Licence.
· IPAF / PASMA license
· Current CSCS Health & Safety Card Holder.
· IOSH Managing Safely
· Additional Trade qualification electrical/gas.
Our client has responsibility for the facilities and property management of properties that range from listed buildings and former workhouses to state-of-the-art integrated health campuses. The key function is to support in delivering building services maintenance and repairs across the estate to ensure buildings are maintained to the highest standards and to provide a safe and secure environment for visitors, customers, and employees.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working within a building maintenance environment, preferably within Healthcare Services. You should have appropriate knowledge and understanding of H&S and environment standards, working at height, legionella and asbestos awareness.
The role will require maintenance of building systems including plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning within public buildings to work as a team to undertake works or repairs across the Woking (and surrounding areas) region.
· Ensure compliance in line with all processes/procedures and policies that meets organisational standards/requirements including but not limited to our Health & Safety
· Policy/HTMs (Health Technical Memoranda) and SFG20. Ensuring new or revised policies are implemented within own work areas.
· Deliver planned and reactive maintenance services from the PPM planner, ensuring that operational standards are maintained at all times.
· Duties may include (but not limited to) fault finding, minors repairs or installations and maintaining services and equipment within critical environments.
· Ability to assess problems to determine the best course of action, this would include complex technical issues.
· To maintain effective site log books at all NHS premises ensuring that they are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
· Work with and support the Projects/Construction team and Technical Supervisor in identifying, scoping, and delivering minor capital works for NHS premises. Able to plan and organise a number of complex activities and adapt within a changing and challenging work environment.
· Able to provide solutions to problems and undertake new installations from design to completion.
· Support the Building Services maintenance team and colleagues in providing excellent customer service at all times
· Participate in an emergency call out service as required.
· As directed by the Technical Supervisor to manage, co-ordinate or supervise works with external contractors or colleague teams for tenants and customers as required to complete tasks in line with schedules of work.
· To complete all relevant mandatory and job-related training in line with company requirements.
· Other relevant duties consistent with the general requirements of building services maintenance as directed by the Team Leader or helpdesk.
This is a fixed term contract which will run until the end of June 2021. Salary will be paid pro rata (with rates circa £15.38 - 17.94 per hour).
£26000 to £34000
3 months ago