Back to job search
Position - Multi Skilled Electrical Maintenance Engineer (Static)
Location - Cardiff
Reporting to - Contract Manager
Desired Experience & or Qualifications
•Electrical City & Guilds Level 2 and 3
•City and Guilds test and inspection (preferred but not essential)
•17th or 18th edition
•Must be available to join a call out rota (1 in 3 and additional payment)
•Must be willing to learn and develop new skills
•Must have basic skills in Excel, word and use of email
•Must have a driving license and own transport (for call out rota)
•Able to work with a small team of engineers and independently
•At least 3 years’ experience in a very similar role
Our client is a leading global provider of integrated facilities management who are currently recruiting for a Multi Skilled Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join their team on a static site located in Cardiff Bay.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the day to day delivery of planned and reactive maintenance tasks to their clients site. This will include Electrical and general building service PPM, the supervision of specialist sub-contractors and ensuring all company and sub-contractor paperwork is up to date, ensuring that all Health and Safety procedures are followed.
Candidates should ideally have experience and knowledge of PPM works, fault finding, installation and maintenance of electrical services and knowledge of loan working requirements (preferred).
The role will be required to deliver the following:
• Organise and assist in reactive repairs and PPM’s to the sites M&E systems (BMS, Fire, Air Conditioning, Generators and LV Electrical Distribution and Switch Gear etc).
• Actively identify/implement innovation across the contract to enhance performance and continue to meet client expectations.
• Prioritising and delegating reactive and Planned Preventative Maintenance tasks to ensure optimum levels of service delivery are being achieved.
• Ensure QHSE documentation is maintained and readily available using company systems e.g. Logbooks, Hazard Reports, training & competency records, eLogbooks, PPE, toolbox talks.
• Carry out reactive repairs as instructed by Contract Management in line with the Service Level Agreements.
• Ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance is carried out in line with task schedules.
• To observe the company policy on Health & Safety at Work.
• To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested.
• To install and repair plant as required and directed and respond in a prompt and effective manner to all reactive maintenance issues and requests associated with site.
• To respond to Site callouts and cover emergencies as required.
• Attend and participate in any relevant training courses.
• Ensuring a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and that effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts.
• Promoting and maintaining the core Values of the company.
• Delivery of service in accordance with company procedures and policies.
Annual salary £26,000 - £29,000 per annum (subject to skills, qualifications and experience) based on 40 hour week Monday – Friday 08:00 – 17:00, callout rota 1 in 3 (standby payment included). Other benefits include on site parking, use of on-site gym, relaxed working environment, ongoing training and development, tools, mobile phone and uniform.
£26000 to £29000
27 days ago