Back to job search
Position - Quantity Surveyor
Location - Abingdon
Reporting to - Contracts Manager
Desired Experience & or Qualifications
• Demonstrate previous experience in a QS role particularly within Hard FM Maintenance contracts
• Demonstrate a sound knowledge of the market
• Demonstrate strong communication skills
• Experience of managing profit and loss accounts and working to budgetary targets
• Sound project management track record
• Initiating, drafting and reviewing documents
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Experience in a variety of Schedules – NSR & BCIS
• Demonstrate proficiency in IT applications- e.g. MS Word, Excel
• Full UK Driving Licence
• Demonstrate a sound knowledge of commercial and contractual issues in relation to Facilities
• Management and NEC 4
• 3rd Level Qualification
• Experience in open book accounting contracts
We are seeking an experienced MTC Quantity Surveyor to work for a national Facilities Management organisation in the Oxfordshire region. The postholder will be required to:
• Ensure timely submission of account applications.
• Prepare and submit Contract interim valuations.
• Prepare and submit variation claims.
• Prepare interim cost reports including P/L report.
• Prepare anticipated Final costs versus Final Forecast Recovery.
• Lead on all minor/major works in terms of commercial pricing and completion of tender input.
• Close liaison with the client(s) commercial teams.
• Payment of subcontractor accounts as and when required.
• Prepare and issue subcontract documents.
• Set-up and keep up to date RFI/COI Schedules in conjunction with the Contract Managers.
• Report on buying gains/losses including the reporting of any future potential financial problems.
• Negotiate rates/prices with subcontractors.
• Attend progress / commercial meetings and represent the company in a commercial capacity
• Prepare and update cashflow/expenditure profiles.
• Manage contract WIP reduction, sales revenue and profit targets.
• Work closely with the Contract teams; ensure optimum delivery of contracts whilst exercising control of costs, procurement, and management of the supply chain.
• Work closely with the billing manager to continually improve and innovate cost reporting and
• invoicing for contracts.
• Salary £40,000 - £50,000 (subject to skills, qualifications and experience)
• Up to 36 days paid annual leave
• Excellent Company Pension
• Car allowance
• Free Life Assurance – 6 times annual salary
• Training and Development
• Discounted Private Health Care Scheme
• Discounted Gym Membership
£40000 to £50000
19 days ago