Back to job search
Position -Senior Project Manager
Location -Manchester / Liverpool / Birmingham
Reporting to -Head of Projects
Desired Experience & or Qualifications
HNC or equivalent in either a mechanical, electrical or civil discipline.
At least 3 years+ in a senior project management role.
Sound knowledge in Microsoft Office and Project.
Proven ability to work under pressure.
Previous experience of working within FM environments.
Demonstrate strong oral, communication and organisational skills.
Prepared to take the initiative to resolve problems creatively and responsibly.
Proven ability in developing solutions and gaining agreement with other people.
Valid UK driving licence.
PRINCE2 accredited. (desirable)
Our client is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management.
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager to join their team located in the Midlands / North West (Birmingham > Liverpool > Manchester regions, approx.). Works will include overseeing a range of installation and refurbishment projects covering M&E, HVAC, plumbing to a portfolio of clients.
The main purposes of the job will be to provide leadership, management, and development of project opportunities within the area; to ensure projects are secured and then delivered to meet time and budget requirements and to meet or exceed client expectations.
• Provide leadership in identifying and specifying project opportunities and in delivering contractual commitments on secured projects.
• Ensure that opportunities for the strategic development of projects are exploited to deliver increased turnover and profitability.
• To deliver projects to completion on time and on budget and to the satisfaction of all parties, expectations to be exceeded wherever possible.
• To identify, reduce and manage all risks (technical, statutory, health and safety, commercial or otherwise) associated with each and every project.
• Ensure compliance with Company project management policies and procedures.
• Ensure the provision of healthy and safe working conditions and that both clients and Company health and safety policy and process is effectively implemented across both own and subcontractors activities, and are regularly review on each and every project. This will include
the timely delivery of a Health and Safety file for the works and full compliance with CDM regulations.
• To build strong relationships with sub-contractors, in particular preferred suppliers, to ensure cost effective solutions which meets our quality expectations can be delivered to our clients whilst managing the risk and ensuring back to back terms and conditions.
• Working with other Operational managers to ensure the collaborative development of the projects business with effective team working and support of colleagues.
• Development of project financial plans for revenue and profit delivery.
• Ensure positive cash flow through the upfront agreement of a relevant payment schedule and the submission of timely invoices/applications for payment. Ensuring all debt is controlled below 60 days.
• Manage the delivery of projects within agreed budget requirements with the target to maximise profit through cost reductions and better buying of sub-contractor services.
• Ensure appropriate control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met.
• Ensuring a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and that effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts and the site teams/managers to identify and win project opportunities.
• Delivering effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other publications, as appropriate.
• Supporting the sales process through solutions development, participation in presentations and consultation meetings.
Our client is specifically looking for candidate with the following attributes:
Key skills - to demonstrate and have experience of:
Annual salary £65-75k plus 20% bonus and car allowance (£6k).
about 1 month ago